Bethel offers a variety of ministries and activities in which to be involved for fellowship and service.
- Sunday Morning Refreshment - provide set up, clean up, or food for fellowship time after worship services
- Social Concerns - Bethel organizes a variety of on going and seasonal social concerns activities such as:
- Giving Tree - meeting the needs of Bethel, friends, and the community one task at a time
- Redeemer Crisis Center Collection - donations of non perishable food, clothing, toys, bedding and toiletries are regularly taken to Redeemer Crisis Center
- Soap Box Ministry - donations of travel size toiletries (such as those from hotels), make up, and feminine products are regularly taken to a women's shelter
- Middleburg Heights Food Pantry - donations of non perishable food (monthly themes - such as pasta month, etc.) are taken regularly to the food pantry
- Fellowship Groups
- Bethel Men's Luncheons - group meets monthly for lunch at an area restaurant and an activity
- Men's Golf League - meets weekly April through September for fun and fellowship on the golf course
- Library Committee & Volunteers - volunteer time to staff the church library, sort and reshelve books, and maintain the library's collections
- God's Faithful Followers - volunteers needed to provide help with crafts, Bible lessons, singing, prayer, cooking, serving, helping hands, love and care to adults with developmental disabilities who participate in this ministry of Christian education. The group meets on Thursday evenings from 7:00 - 8:30.
- Middleburg Early Education Center - a preschool offering classes for typically developing children and early intervention and therapies for children with special needs
- periodic volunteer opportunities to help with fundraisers and classroom activities in the preschool
- LIFE Together
- Sunday morning Christian education opportunities for all from preschool through adult
- volunteer opportunities for class teachers, assistants, substitute teachers
- Weekly Adult Bible Studies - see go Educate page for details
- Faith Explorers - small group ministry for youth grades 7 - 8
- Prayer Ministry - a variety of opportunities to be involved in the prayer life of Bethel.
- Nursery - provided for infants and toddlers during worship and the education hour
- Altar Guild - volunteers care for the altar and decorate the church for special holidays as well as prepare for and clean up after each worship service.
- Senior Choir - sings at worship 3 times per month and at special services and events. Meets Wednesday evenings at 7:30
- Seasonal Choirs
- Seasonal Bell groups
- Instrumental groups and solos
- Lay Worship Assistants
- Acolytes - teenage volunteers who assist Pastor during worship services
- Ushers - volunteer to assist worshippers during worship services (youth through adult)
- Worship Leaders
- Assisting ministers - assist Pastor during worship
- Communion assistants - assist with the distribution of communion
- Readers - volunteers read scripture lessons during worship service
- Worship Services at Royal Oak Nursing Facility
- Held once a month on Thursday mornings - volunteers to help with residents are welcome
- Greeters - volunteer to greet worshippers before services
- Green Thumb Group - volunteers tend to the planting and care of the church's grounds
Administration - variety of volunteer opportunities for the daily workings of our church such as assembling the newsletter.